Storm Panels & Hurricane Fabric
The Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels surpass the Florida Building Code, Texas and International Building code testing standards including the International Building and Residential ASTM standards, as well as the High Velocity Hurricane Zone found in Miami-Dade County. The Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels have Florida Building Code Product Approvals as well as Texas Department of Insurance Product Evaluations.
Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels are ready to take on even the most extreme weather conditions. They have been tested to perform in wind zones in excess of 180mph in accordance with the latest Florida Building Code and International Building Code wind standards (ASCE7-10). They are also tested for the 9-lb large 2” x 4” missile impact from windborne debris in accordance with the ASTM E1886/E1996 protocols, which are the most rigid in the world. The Aluminum .050” and .060” panels have also been tested for the High Velocity Hurricane Zone TAS 201-202 and 203 standards (the old Miami-Dade test standards). Clear Polycarbonate panels meeting the same testing standards are also available which can be used alone or mixed into our patented Clear/Metal/Clear applications which allows you to avoid that closed in “cave” feeling while waiting for the storm to hit and pass.
Eyewall Armor® Hurricane Fabric can be cut to fit in a factory or right on the job by virtually anyone in a minimal amount of time with basic tools. As with all Eyewall Armor® Hurricane Protection products, the EA Hurricane Fabric is tested to the 9-lb large missile to meet and exceed all Florida, Texas and International Building Code test standards.
This incredibly strong material is similar to ballistic Nylon with a weatherproof coating that attaches with easy to use clips which you can adjust on the job for ultimate placement. The fabric is semi-translucent so you can avoid that closed in "cave" feeling. It is lightweight for ease of installation and rolls up for simple easy storage almost anywhere. Unlike most of our competitors, the EA Hurricane Fabric is solid. It has no small pores to allow water to freely pass through which can lead to additional damage to your home.
Aluminum & Steel
- Our .050” and .060” aluminum Eyewall Armor® panels carry Florida product approvals, including HVHZ and non-HVHZ, and Texas Dept. of Insurance evaluations.
- Our ultra-light .018” (28 gauge), and .023” (24 gauge) galvanized steel Eyewall Armor® panels with rolled safety edges are tested for 9-lb. large missile impact to A.S.T.M. E1886 and E1996 standards for use in the Florida Building Code and throughout the International Building Code areas.
- Unparalleled Hurricane Protection.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Affordable and cost effective.
- Easy Installation.
- Added property value.
- Reduced insurance costs.
- Multiple track options.
- Panels available in Mill Finish, Galvanized, Clear or some in White.
- Tracks available in White or Bronze.
- Professional in-house customer service and technical support.
- Patented clear-metal-clear applications.
- Patents #US 6,868,642 B2 and US 6,615,555 B2
- Semi-Translucent which transmits light into the structure avoiding the blackout closed-in feeling when deployed
- High strength coated nylon fiber weave with U.V. coating on both sides
- Fabric can be cut with good quality shears available at many office and fabric supply stores
- One-piece clips securely retain fabric with only three (3) #14 screws
- Easily cut to match arched, round and irregular window shapes
- Cover garage openings using a 2" x 2" x .125" removable angle at the bottom
- Maximum pressure is +/- 60 PSF at 120" span
EA 2" Storm Panel Coverage . . . catalog pages 5-6
EA 2" Storm Panels . . . catalog pages 7-8
EA Storm Panel Extrusions . . . catalog pages 9-11
EA Storm Panel Accessories . . . catalog page 12
EA Storm Panel Coil . . . catalog page 13
EA Hurricane Fabric and Clips . . . catalog page 60